Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Little White Barn (Red Flyer work shop)



     This little building was built in the 60's when my parents became interested in owning Quarter Horses.  It originally had 2 small stalls and an area for hay and grain and oat buckets and a gravel floor.  Many horses and a few cows past thru this little structure including a few dogs and cats as they were not allowed in the house. Oh what great memories.  It was always cozy in the winter and cool in the summer with sliding barn doors on two sides.
     As years past and the animal population dwindled,  now in my teens I wanted to make a work shop.  I cemented the floor, put in lights and a small work bench, a wood stove and most importantly cranked up    music, the likes of the "Beach Boys" and "Beatles" on the old AM radio while working on my 1955 Chevy 2 door wagon (almost didn't fit) and painted my first paint job a "62" VW convertible. Life was good in the"Little White Horse Barn".
     Now 40 plus years later here I am back at 60 years old working in the "Little White Horse Barn" reliving great times while restoring the Red Flyer which sat in the back, covered up, waiting its turn.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah..I'm back on following. I love this post..I rem, I loved running down to what I called the "stable" and feeding the horses. Then maybe(if needed) using the cutest little Outhouse right next to it. If I had to go. =) So cute!

    ReplyDelete