Sunday, June 10, 2012

Installing rear cross brace and cleaning up rear transmisson

I painted and reinstalled the rear brace with four brackets to hold up the front of the La Salle rear end.  Next was to power wash (3 times ) the rear transmission ,also a LaSalle 3 speed.  Then wire brush with a electric hand grinder all nooks and crannies till clean ready for paint.  But before painting, I had to pull off the top of the trans and figure out why it woudn't shift.  Not sure what I did besides realigning and moving a few gears around then putting in some new gear oil, but its shifting like a new corvette now.        




 Next , painted the transmission red to match the rear end.

2 comments:

  1. Lookin good.... I love that red color!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, its looking awesome and starting to come back together little by little. Cant wait to see more photos! Way to go Dad!

    ReplyDelete